Welcome to the the website for USA Softball of Rhode Island. We are the only Softball organization in the state Rhode Island and Providence Plantations affiliated with the national governing body of Softball: USA Softball. In 2021 Softball will return as a sport in the the Olympic Games in Tokyo, Japan. The Women's National Team the United States will be comprised 100% of USA Softball players! #JourneyToJapan
To avoid having to pay a half fee to the umpire assigned, he/she must be notified a minimum of 90 minutes before the game is scheduled to begin.
Procedure to follow should a game that you have scheduled have to be cancelled or re-scheduled. Again this is just for games that you have scheduled, NOT for games that someone else has scheduled:
1) Contact the assigned umpire by scrolling down below this message to the officials game assignment tab
2) Press the link below for the officials game schedule and select your game
3) If the game you are cancelling is not the "day of", use drop down box to choose the correct date, you can also use the drop down boxes for complex and Organization to avoid having to scroll through all games assigned on that date
4) To the far right of your game listing, click on "details". There you will find the umpire that is assigned to your game contact information
5) Call his/her cell phone, if you get no response leave a voicemail message and ask them to confirm they got the message then call his/her assigner, whose contact information is listed directly under the umpire's contact information, if again you get no response, leave a voicemail message and ask them to confirm they got the message.
6) Call Sue Johnson @ 401-954-5302, if you get no response, leave a voicemail message telling her what games have been cancelled or rescheduled.
If you need something posted on our Social Media platforms please email Dan LaCorbiniere by hitting the email icon below. To preview our social media pages click on the appropriate icons above
Rhode Island State Commissioner
Junior Olympic (Youth) Commissioner
State Umpire In Chief